Our engagement model
We undertake our Reengineering Projects in two stages:
- Preparation of a Solution Design Workshop
- Reengineering Project
The objective of the Solution Design Workshop is to clearly define the desired end-state, design and cost the Reengineering Project and calculate the likely return on investment.
The Reengineering Project is typically conducted over a four- to- nine-month period (depending on complexity). Most of the process change occurs within the first few months. The rest of the process consists of optimization and hand-over.
As mentioned, the Sales Process Engineering Project is designed with a view to maximizing the rate at which your invested capital is returned (in the form of a sustainable increase in net profits).
We maximize this rate by focusing our resources on eliminating process constraints — one at a time. The elimination of each constraint typically results in an immediate (and sustainable) increase in throughput (and, accordingly, net profit).
Of course, for this approach to be effective, your current constraint must be in your sales process (rather than your fulfillment processes).
Fixed monthly payments
Our clients are able to pay the fees associated with the Reengineering Project in equal monthly installments over the course of the process. (Project fees typically range in price from $40,000 to $100,000 plus travel and living.)
This is in spite of the fact that most consulting resources are consumed in the first half of this period.
The Solution Design Workshop
Our Solution Design Workshop is a short, one-to-two day consulting project that delivers the following:
- A detailed description of your process’s end-state (including metrics for your key performance drivers)
- Specifications for any technology and communication tools required
- Role descriptions for any necessary roles within your sales process
- A detailed plan for the Reengineering Project
- A set of consulting fees, out-of-pocket expenses and any increase in operating expenses you are likely to incur over the course of the process
- A methodology for measuring the results of the Project
- A return on investment projection, nominating expected returns at process milestones
While we prepare the Solution Design Workshop in the expectation that you will work with us on the Reengineering Project, there is no commitment required on your behalf do so.
Furthermore, we are careful to prepare this Solution Design Workshop so that it has true stand-alone value.
While we would not encourage you to implement the findings of this Solution Design Workshop without the benefit of our experience, this is nonetheless technically possible.
The preparation of your Solution Design Workshop will follow this process:
The primary purpose of this workshop is to examine your existing sales process, products, technology and communication tools.
- Duration: 1-2 days
Preparation of findings:
The resulting Solution Design Workshop will provide a blueprint for your optimal sales process, as well as a detailed project plan for the Reengineering Project.
- Duration: 3-5 days
Presentation of findings:
We will present our findings to your key team members in a workshop (webinar or face-to-face).
- Duration: 2 - 4 hours
Is our Reengineering Project appropriate for you?
If the growth of your business is being constrained by your sales process, then you should consider our Reengineering Project.
This project will be particularly beneficial if you have already applied process design and management methodologies to other areas of your business (eg Quality Assurance, Just in Time or particularly Theory of Constraints.)
Want to know more?
If you would like to learn more about our Sales Process Engineering methodology, we suggest you visit our 'Want to know more' page and subscribe to our resource library. Here you can:
- Read our whitepaper on Sales Process Engineering
- Watch on multimedia presentation on the practical application of Sales Process Engineering
- Visit our Sales Process Engineering website where you can read articles on the theory behind — and the practical application of — Sales Process Engineering
- Book an executive briefing with Justin Roff-Marsh to explore the appropriateness of a Feasibility Study to your organization